Monday, May 5, 2008

Hard Day


Well, today marks 2 whole years of life with out Bob! I can't believe it has been 2 years! I will never forget the phone call that informed me that he was gone. I felt a combination of shock, disbelief, and could actually feel my heart break. I miss him terribly every day and my heart still aches to feel his hugs! I had the wonderful gift of having Bob as my step father for almost 19 years. From the day my mom started dating Bob after my daddy's death I immediately had a bond that was unbreakable and so significant in my life. He was a father, confidant and best friend. He was an amazing grandfather and we even named Robert after him. He was my rock and there are many times I still long to be able to call him and ask for advice. I will always miss our morning talks. I feel so lucky to have the knowledge that I will be able to see Bob again. I have faith that my Heavenly Father and my daddy will take care of Bob to ensure that he will be part of our eternity. There are many times a day when the kids do something and I can still hear Bob's sarcastic or funny remark in my head. I know with all my heart that my daddy and Bob are looking down on my family and protecting it (and many times laughing at us, they both had the best sense of humor) and will continue to look after us. I feel so privelaged to have had a father as wonderful as Bob and will miss him every day until we are reunited.

1 comment:

dustrag said...

That brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing such a sweet and loving tribute to Bob.

I love YA!

Christy